ET- Expanded Temperament..still kinda long.

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 22:04:19 -0400

Sir Seminole said:

>"Flat" is a relative term and depends on where the rest of the piano
>was "and hr. ago". :-)

Yes sir..it's always relative..but we know when something 'sounds pretty
good', and then we go through with the tuning anyway and find out that we
have, probably, improved on it.

>Another way to say the same thing is that your
>"expanded temperament" aparrently raised the level of the entire >piano,
with
>the exception of the A...440??

Raised the level?

hmmmm..let me ponder that one.

anyone else care to jump on this one?

wait..I changed my mind..I suppose you could say that my original tuning,
done approx. 2 months ago and played professionally(?) a few nights a week
MAY have been something less than what it became after it was
tuned.....raised the level?

Phil