Customer needs 415 Hz tuning fork

JCSwafford@AOL.COM JCSwafford@AOL.COM
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 06:48:32 EDT

In a message dated 10/9/01 5:04:16 AM Central Daylight Time, A440A@AOL.COM
writes:

> Hi Ken,
> <<Does anyone know who will sell 1 fork not in a set. This could be a G#
> fork,
> but customer requested 415 Hz not 415.3 Hz for historical tuning.>>
>
>      They would have to tell me at what temperature they wanted the fork to
> be when it produces 415, since this degree of accuracy requires a very
> specific temp.   Then I would alter a 415 fork to suit and sell it to them.
> Regards,
> Ed Foote RPT

Thanks. 415 Hz at 72 degrees Fahrenheit will do just fine.  I didn't think
about altering the pitch of a 415.3 Hz fork. Actually I'm Joel (the other
Swafford that very rarely submits posts). I forgot to add my name to my
original post. Sorry for the confusion.

Joel Swafford, RPT

"To have lived and tuned is better than not having tuned at all"