Customer needs 415 Hz tuning fork

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 12:20:10 EDT

In a message dated 10/9/1 3:35:22 PM, Wimblees@AOL.COM writes:

<<> Filing a tuning fork makes it smaller and therefore sharper.  I know that
> fork can be filed at the base of the tines to make a fine adjustment in the
> flat direction, but 440Hz to 415Hz is NOT a vernier adjustment.
 > Maybe you've come up with a technique to file something longer???  ;-}

<<OK, so you got me. I guess maybe adding fishing lure wouldn't be a good
idea
then either, huh. :)>>

It is also possible to put a drop of superglue on each tines' end to it then
dip them into a pile of baking soda.  This is the procedure that works very
well for tuning the tines on a Wurlitzer electric piano.
Ed Foote RPT