Customer needs 415 Hz tuning fork

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 22:55:36 -0500

| At 12:46 10/09/2001 -0400, you wrote:
| >JCSwafford asks:
| >
| > >Does anyone know who will sell 1 fork not in a set. This could be a G#
fork,
| > >but customer requested 415 Hz not 415.3 Hz for historical tuning.

Tell them not to sweat one beat in 3 seconds.   If someone needs a 415 fork
instead of a 415.3 fork they need a machine.
The reality of different orchestra instruments going sharp or flat from
just playing  can now be easily shown by machines. I think you will find
plus or minus one beat per second (4 cents at A440) at least.  Breath
instruments esecially.  Just holding a 415.3 fork in the warm hand will
make it go flat.  Use a machine to see how long takes to get it to 415.  As
mentioned in an other post the
machine might show 3 forks being .3 cents from each other.   Also the
piano, if used in performance, may tend to go down as the heat of the
audience heats up the place. So you might want a 415.3 fork just for
at.   ---ric