Felt Cutting Secrets

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 09:58:04 EDT

In a message dated 10/11/01 8:04:03 AM Central Daylight Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> Hi again gang. I bought one of the rotary felt cutting tools that Pianotek
> sells, along with a cutting mat. Tool really works great (WAY, way, way,
> way, way better than scissors) .................. if you can hold the felt
> real tight to the mat. Is there some secret to clamping or whatever the felt
> to the mat so that you can hold it real firmly in position to get the cut
> you desire? I find this to be a bit of trouble especially when cutting 3/8"
> long strips from a 1" wide strip of felt or cloth. Thanks.
>
> Terry Farrell

Terry

I took a 1 yard aluminum yard stick and cut it to 18." That's just so that I
would have a short straight edge.  To make the felt stick to the aluminum, I
glued a piece of felt to one side of the ruler. That makes it stick to the
felt you're cutting.

Wim