Mason & Hamlin parts

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 10:14:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi list,

I'm back...  with the same thing I was here with
before...  looking for a music desk assembly and
a lid prop for a Mason & Hamlin 'A'.

I'm getting a little frustrated with Mason &
Hamlin.

More than a month ago, I started my efforts to
get a hold of them.  First, I started with a nice
friendly e-mail.  No response.  So, I figured, it
got overlooked and sent another.  No response.
So I decided to send a fax, figuring there would
be a piece of paper show up in their office that
they would actually have to throw away.  No
response.  Another fax.  No response.  Phoned
their number.  Spoke with the secretary who put
me in touch with someone else.  "I'll check on
this and get back with you, maybe in a day or
so."  I waited, almost a week in fact.  I called
again.  Same secretary who took a message and
said, "we'll have him call you".  Waited a couple
more days.  No phone call.  I called again today.
 "He's not available, we'll have him call you."

I need a complete music desk assembly and a lid
prop.  I would also like to have new hardware for
this piano (an 'A').  I remember working for a
Steinway dealer a few years ago when we simply
asked the factory to send new hardware for a 'B'
we were working on and a couple of weeks later, a
complete set of the most beautiful hardware
showed up.

I'm blowing off steam, I know, but my butt is
against the wall for time and I need my parts!!
If I have to have them custom made, I need time
to do it and I don't have time to wait for weeks
on end for someone to decide to call me back.  If
they don't want to help me, I just wish they'd
say so.

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(deep breath... calm down... not worth raising
the blood pressure...)

Newton, (if you're reading), I do appreciate the
suggestion you made earlier about contacting them
directly.  But so far, it ain't worked!

So, I'll ask a question.  Before I give up
completely on Mason & Hamlin, is there any
particular person I should make an effort to talk
to, call them by name?

If you know who, please let me know.

Sorry for the rant.  I'm a bit irritated.

Back to work...

Thanks,

Brian T.

=====