Verdigris V.2

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 06:42:37 -0400

Good Morning.

I serviced a 40 yr.old S&S 'L' yesterday, and the hammer flanges on either
end were starting to get sluggish..there was some sluggishness towards the
middle of the stack, but not like the sluggishness that was on either end.

does it normally start at either end, or doesn't it make a difference?

 - side note: the player was originally from Russia, and her husband(violin)
was also - she knew exactly what a hammer flange was before I pulled the
action AND she knew what verdigris was before I had a chance to explain
it..according to her, they teach piano maintenance 'appreciation' in Russia
to the performance majors, and she's a player.

Is that something that is taught here?..I know when I went to college many
centuries ago, Piano Maintenance wasn't a 'requirement', but it was offered
(thanks Tom.).

I don't like to see 'A' players playing on anything less than what their
abilities are, but darn it if this action wasn't up to her
capabilities..just a little pet peeve of mine I guess.

Phil