Lid lift: was Re: pianotech-digest V2001 #1378

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 17:18:22 -0500

>Just like a shelf that has done the same, turn it over and prop it that
>way. :)
>
>		Newton

Good move Newton. Actually, I did close the lid with something (padded)
under the tail and suggested leaving it like that for a year or so until it
warped back the other way, but I guess they thought it looked a little
tacky on the showroom floor. Some folks just insist on being difficult.

Meanwhile, the lid sort of bobs up and down like the head of one of those
mindless dashboard ornaments. Which reminds me - doesn't "dashboard" evoke
some rather grim images?

Ron N