Felt Cutting Secrets

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 19:30:42 -0700

I've used the small Olfa rotary cutter with the largest size of mat for
years, and liked it very well. However, I recently found a 65 mm. Olfa
rotary cutter, which I think will be better for thick material such as
backrail or hammer rail cloth or backcheck felt.

I use a long, heavy stainless steel straightedge which I had bought for mat
cutting. I haven't had to put any backing on it -- I just lean on it with
my left hand, which I keep out of the way of the blade. It was originally
intended for carpet installation, by the way.

Susan