Hammer weight/density

Tue, 16 Oct 2001 21:25:09 +0200

Delwin D Fandrich wrote:

> > Seems like to me, that if hammers are "needleable", and one knows how much
> they
> > weigh... can even choose different basic  weight characteristics....  well
> thats
> > ten steps ahead of todays situation.
>
> A hammer that is needled and/or voiced into submission is not at all the
> same as one that is naturally resilient as a result of good felt selection
> and good process. No, not at all--not even close.
>
> Del

Of course its not.... but unless someone can come up with a cost effective way
of measuring these things then such talk is just wishfull thinking. In the
meantime, knowing the raw mass is very doable and would yeild valuable and very
useable information in itself. Combine that with a little savy and experience
and most of the problems surrounding this disscussion can be at least adequately
dealt with much easier then they are today.

That said... I would be the first to applaud the inclusion of some valid
information relating to the inherent natural resiliency of hammers procured from
manufacturers today. But then there are a lot of items on my wish list.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.