Running CA

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 07:55:10 -0400

Friends,

One thing I haven't seen mentioned regarding this:

I've seen techs recommend applying CA around the tuning pins until "the
piano won't take anymore."  I guess that's alright for grands, since the
stuff will just lay there until it gets hard.

But what about uprights?  I tilt them onto their backs to do this job,
and I like to return them to normal position before leaving.  But
sometimes the CA is still liquid, so I dab out the excess to keep it
from running down the plate when I "upright" the piano.  How does one
add CA "until the piano takes no more" and avoid this problem?  Dabbing
is messy and time-consuming, and it's also easy to get the stuff on your
fingers trying to do this.

Regards,
Clyde