pin tightner

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart1@juno.com
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:43:59 -0500

> Walk away from this one Les. If she is dumb enough to buy the thing,
> after
> being warned not to, let her suffer with it. Maybe she can get the
> seller to
> do the work.

	Well, stupidly or not, I had already committed to come back. I think the
thing can be tightened up enough to be tuned.  But what a mess the action
is..........  As bad as the pins. I don't consider myself a good
stringer- but this guy is terrible.  He evidently sets up shop for
awhile, rips off a few people, then runs to another location so he can't
be found when people want to have him lynched.  He's evidently done this
for years. I ran into another of his a couple years ago.  Same thing,
only worse........... The owners call and never get returns.  When I ran
into the first one, concerned, I brought it up at a Guild meeting, and
Martin Wisenbaker, one of the most experienced locals, said, "Oh no, it
wasn't sold by WL, was it?"   Of course it was. And off he went into a
long description of this man's history.  Not a pretty picture. I might
e-mail her and tell her she should go back to the seller and inform them
she was ripped off....
thanks
les bartlett
houston