Steinway hammer alignment

BobDavis88@AOL.COM BobDavis88@AOL.COM
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 03:43:05 EDT

In a message dated 10/16/2001 12:57:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Mark Potter
writes:

> the hammers are well left of being centered over the wippens, so much so
>  that the catchers are just making enough contact to do their job.

(I was just looking back at this earlier message) If they are left of the
repetitions AND left of the backchecks, I am suspicious that they have moved
(warped) since originally aligned. Is there any chance this piano was stored
on its side for a significant length of time?
Bob Davis