Running CA

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 12:08:33 -0400

Hmmmm. I'm not sure exactly what you are describing here, & why it would =
be different from a carpeted floor, but I always put a big wide nylon =
belt around the piano and tilter and ratchet the whole thing together so =
that wherever the piano and tilter go......they go as one piece! It only =
takes a minute to do and I sleep better at night - and no broken legs.

Terry Farrell =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Kdivad@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 11:35 AM
  Subject: Re: Running CA

  In a message dated 10/18/2001 10:07:12 AM Central Daylight Time, =
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:=20

    Yes, and perhaps you will find yourself "praying" that two people =
other than=20
    yourself will be lifting it back up! Especially the old uprights, =
they can=20
    sure get pretty heavy - a good tilter really pays its way here!=20

    Terry Farrell=20

  Terry and list, just a warning here, tilters are advertised suggesting =
one person can safely tilt an upright.  Under most circumstances this is =
true, but in the case of hardwood, tile, cement or any other hard slick =
floors the piano can run off the tilter and shoot the tilter out from =
under the piano at high speed presenting a extremely dangerous =
situation.  Here in our shop we have had two broken legs over the years =
from this very situation.  We do not allow any of our men to tilt an =
upright by themselves.  Please be careful!=20
  David Koelzer=20
  DFW=20