more on this temperament thing

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 09:34:13 -0700

Richard,

Personal tastes certainly have something to do with this but in my
experience it is the personal tastes of my customers that have dictated my
tuning.  I'll tune HTs when I get requests for them.  So far not a one and
I have mentioned HT to discerning customers.  I don't think that because
I'm in the tuning business it is my responsibility to be on a crusade to
share the HTs with the world.  I personally have experimented with a few
via my SAT III but I play mostly Jazz and got tired of cringing...I think
if I were in a University situation I would definitely have a few rooms
with HT tunings.

I expect soon to be lambasted by the far right (as in "I'm right, your