more on this temperament thing

Thu, 18 Oct 2001 21:32:44 +0200

David Ilvedson wrote:

> Richard,
>
> Personal tastes certainly have something to do with this but in my
> experience it is the personal tastes of my customers that have dictated my
> tuning.  I'll tune HTs when I get requests for them.  So far not a one and
> I have mentioned HT to discerning customers.  I don't think that because
> I'm in the tuning business it is my responsibility to be on a crusade to
> share the HTs with the world.  I personally have experimented with a few
> via my SAT III but I play mostly Jazz and got tired of cringing...I think
> if I were in a University situation I would definitely have a few rooms
> with HT tunings.
>
> I expect soon to be lambasted by the far right (as in "I'm right, your

Not by me you wont... I agree with everything you wrote. Like I say,  HT's or
ET all are just fine, and we should be able to do them with a smile on our
face if asked. And leave our personal preferences by and large out of the
question, except where its appropriate to ...er... express ones otherwise
subdued creative genuis...hehe.

I still dont see where prostitution works into this. :)
--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.