more on this temperament thing

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:36:59 +0200

Bob,

Sorry again I don't agree with you.
The best sounding unison is when you just tuned it.
Everything happening afterthat is deterioration, but, if the unison was well
phasing at first this will be less noticeable.

Before I knew how to listen to tune unisons, mine too became sounding
mellower after a bit of playing, but unfortunately not all times, and not
fast enough sometime to be really appreciated.

I don't mean to hurt anyone, if I do please forgive me it is mostly because
of my poor English.

Beside, I wanted to have a good sound immediately. If unisons are good, it
is easy to play legato, the notes moves from one to the other fluid, if the
unison is thin, or too rigid, the attack is too much noticeable, and the
piano harder to play.

Regards

Isaac OLEG

Paris