Loose damper lever weights

Fri, 19 Oct 2001 07:58:47 -0500

Clyde,
At 06:52 10/19/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Friends,
>
>  I'm not eager to do this, since getting the
>flange screw back in has been a source of frustration for me in the
>past, but I can do it if that's the best way.

I've been doing a lot of damper work lately, and I wouldn't be without my
screw starters.
  My technique is to have the screw in the flange, starter in the screw and
with my thumb holding the underlever to the starter shank, I can easily
find the hole and get the screw started. The starter pops off and I finish
it off with a regular screwdriver.

My slot screw starter has a magnet on the other end for "emergencies"...

Conrad Hoffsommer -
I live in my own little world, but it's OK, they know me here.
mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu