more on this t..AAHHHAAA!

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 00:29:53 EDT

Tom writes:
<<So I gotta take back my comments about the appropriateness of other
temperaments in various situations.  I didn't know what I was talking about,
and I still don't, >>

   Welcome to the Temperament Revival, Tom!  You may know a lot more than you
think, simply by taking a step out of the norm and now suddenly having a
wider perspective.  This is what I have been encouraging tuners to do,
broaden their horizons and enjoy the bigger perspective.  Even if one never
tunes another "alternative" temperament, the experience will change their
perception of what they do.
    Now,  there are more than several different temperaments that make
Chopin's(and everybody else's) music exhibit different characters.  I
particularly liked the Tim Farley production of Chopin on the 1/7 c.  that he
tuned.  I like Beethoven on a Young and Mozart on a Kirnberger, etc.     Try
them all and let us know how they strike you.
Ed Foote RPT.