"100% on" unisons--was more on this temperament thing

McNameex@AOL.COM McNameex@AOL.COM
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 01:26:12 EDT

I tuned for Steely Dan last year and they had just returned from a tour of
Japan.  The guy setting up the piano mentioned the keyboardist of the group
had complained that none of the piano tunings he heard in Japan had any
character.  I wonder if this is related to a difference in philosophy.  As a
side note, I had only been tuning for six months and the promoter gave me the
wrong time to show up so I only had a half hour to tune.  Don't know if it
was good or not but the tuning did have character.

Todd McNamee, Portland, OR