Keyboard frame question

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 01:35:25 -0500

>...Can you tell me in what order you screw the frame on S&S,
>is the order important ?
>
>with the last job I've done I had to change the entire action frame ,I had
>to rethink the way the frame is adapted to the keyboard, and I discover I am
>not sure if the extremes center feet (of the action frame) are to be a tad
>higher in order to help the keyboard extremity to be springy (you know the
>little play under the blocks)...
>Isaac

Isaac, List,

Roger may have answered the concerns you have asked, but this is what I
envisioned about the particular you were wanting to know above.

The feet of the action brackets sometimes don't all sit flush on the
keyframe.  To counter this condition I use balance rail punchings to take
up any excess space.

That way, when the action feet screws are installed to secure the action
and its parts to the keyframe, there will be no flex, only a secure
platform marriage of the two items.

If I am in error, no harm.  This is still an excellent tip for those who
have wondered about such a thing.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731