Speaking of hammers...

ANRPiano@AOL.COM ANRPiano@AOL.COM
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 11:06:17 EDT

In a message dated 10/21/2001 8:58:03 AM Central Daylight Time,
dstanwood@hotmail.com writes:

> So would you care to share the weight stats on the Isaac hammers? Levels?
> David C. Stanwood

David,

After a little reshaping of the tails the set came in within a few tenths of
a gram of the line between high and middle weights, which is where eventually
I set it up.  The only significant weight changes came in around hammers 60 -
75 or so.  As soon as the underfelt stopped the weights fell right back into
line.  After the last couple sets of Abel's which had 2+ grams too much
weight in the top this was a pleasant change.

Even with about 15 hammers this was the smoothest weighing set of hammers I
have ever seen right out of the box.  Add that to the tonal qualities and I
can't sing their praises enough.  I will be installing another set soon and
will let you know if I find anything different then.

Andrew Remillard

ANRPiano Service
2417 Maple Ave
Downers Grove, IL  60515