bad pinblock

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 18:07:48 EDT

In a message dated 10/21/01 7:36:10 PM !!!First Boot!!!, lesbart1@juno.com
writes:

> He was
> very gracious, and appreciated my taking the time to tell him everything
> about it, but he does want me to come back and try to glue the pins and
> get it to work for a few months.  So, I guess I will.
> Thanks for encouraging words. I was a bit worried there for awhile...
> les bartlett
> houston

I don't know how I can convince you, Les, to walk away from this job. The
customer's interpretation of what he considers a "quick fix" to make it work
for "a few months", and what you will wind up doing to keep it working for "a
few more months", are going to be two different stories. A year from now he
will call and say there are still a few pins that are slipping, and he'll
demand that you fixed them before, so why are they still sliping.

Again, unless he agrees, in writing, and that is key word here, that each
return trip will cost him x number of dollars, regardless of what kind of
repair you do, he and his wife won't be satisfied until you've either
replaced the pin block, or epoxied the whole thing, for the price of fixing
just a few pins.

Wim

Wim