Keyboard frame question

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 00:24:31 -0500

>I was surprised some time ago to be told by the S&S shop headquarter, that
>the frame had to be bedded without the blocks.

Hi Isaac,
              This my preference, but I check it both ways, both for
bedding and after touch. Nothing worse than doing a complete reg and
finding it changes when you install the blocks. I've been bitten a few
times too many times  <G>.  Well I'm a slow learner.
If the front rail is bowed up at the ends a little,  and flexes when the
blocks are secured, you have a decision to make.  Sand the frame or
regulate around it.  I prefer to sand the frame time and money permitting.

>My guess is that if you screw the block, you tend to not screw enough the
>extreme bolts, but not reaaly sure of that.

If the frame flexes with the blocks it's usually the centre glide that
raises. Or the back frame if the frame is loose under the dags.

Regards Roger