Keyboard frame question

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 00:41:03 -0500

>Interesting idea to use minute Epoxy, Roger, do you mix some graphite powder
>or Teflon in this, I may admit I would be afraid of squeaks or absence of
>friction there, and minute epoxy is not very hard ?
>Regards.
>Isaac

Hi Isaac,
              The depression has to be corrected, or else you have bedding
problems when the unicorda is used.  The epoxy is probably harder then the
dowels, so no problems have occured there.   For lub I rub a light coat of
parafine wax, also seems very durable.  No squeek problems encountered.
As to friction, if I had to guess, I would say it was less than the end
grain of the dowels.
The one draw back is that it is a little noisier if not bedded correctly.
I can't think of a better fix tho'.  Unless you drill out the worn ones and
replace them.

Regards Roger