humidity question (may be stupid but I'm curious...)

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 10:33:11 -0700 (PDT)

Those are some interesting answers, guys, and thanks
for what you said, Mr. Sivak.  :)

J. Patrick Draine's reply prompted me to ask another
question.  Is there a way, without using an accutuner,
to hook up a sensor directly to the soundboard or
plate, then wear headphones so I can tune a piano in a
very noisy environment?  I was thinking it would be
nice for some tuners to be able to tune a piano while
people are running vacuum cleaners, chainsaws,
blowers, lawn mowers, etc. nearby.  Also I was
thinking it would be nice to have a way (with the
direct connection to the piano) to tune a piano at the
same time someone else is playing a very slightly out
of tune instrument (or even in tune but with different
inharmonicity than the piano) in the same room or nearby.