naptha/mineral oil and verdigris

Howard S. Rosen hsrosen@earthlink.net
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 17:23:04 -0400

List
  I still say that  mineral oil or silicone won't cure verdigris. I've tr=
ied the silicone and toluene as Yamaha directs and it works in some slugg=
ish flange cases  but is also only a temporary fix for verdigris.  The mi=
neral oil I've not tried. How bout some feedback from you all with extens=
ive experience with it. Be specific.
  I'm still waiting for the feedback from Dan Reeds post last week

Don't misunderstand friends. When I spoke highly of 8:1 Naptha/mineral oil
it was for humidity laden sluggish centers. It does nothing for verdigris.
Neither does Protek in my experience.

Howard S. Rosen, RPT
7262 Angel Falls Ct.
Boynton Beach, FL  33437