humidity question (may be stupid but I'm curious...)

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 19:42:31 -0600

Hi Stephen,

It would be possible to use some sort of noise cancellation technology. It
would not be cheap to do so. They are currently used in headsets intended
for voice, ask at your local concert hall, they may be able to let you look
at one.

A magnetic pick up on the plate is currently available, so getting the
vibration from the soundboard is not needful, in these high noise situations.

I have used Reyburn Cyber Tuner to complete a tuning while an orchestra was
rehearsing a Brahms Overture. It worked--but I don't recommend it.

The accu tuner does offer a nice filtering capacity, and can be used with a
small headphone type amplifier. I have also done this and again it works
but I don't recommend it.

At 10:33 AM 10/22/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>J. Patrick Draine's reply prompted me to ask another
>question.  Is there a way, without using an accutuner,
>to hook up a sensor directly to the soundboard or
>plate, then wear headphones so I can tune a piano in a
>very noisy environment?

Regards,

mailto:drose@dlcwest.com

after Oct. 30 mailto:drpt@sk.sympatico.ca