Bass strings

BobDavis88@AOL.COM BobDavis88@AOL.COM
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 02:35:24 EDT

In a message dated 10/22/2001 1:21:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ilvey@sbcglobal.net writes:

> Am I taking a chance ordering bass strings from Mapes without sending them
>  samples?  The customer is reluctant to not having use of the affected
>  notes...double string dampers may or may not work well etc...

David,
The risk shouldn't be yours. If you have any concern about it, express that
concern to the customer and ask if they would like to take the risk.

That said, careful measurements of the top and bottom strings, along with a
rubbing of the bridge-to-hitchpin area and the agraffe area, should get the
stringmakers close enough without having to take anything out of service.

Bob Davis