Hide Glue "Pearl"

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 07:40:18 -0700

List,
I've done some study on the different types of hide glue, (and there are
many!), "pearl" glue is a substandard variety IMO. The best I have found is
3XChrome, which I buy in large quantities. I sell it to my chapter members
and those who need the really "good" stuff.
To give you examples of the many types, there are ground glues of many
different grades. There are flake glues which are usually better grade.
There are Sheet glues which are in the substandard class, along with pearls.
All of those basic categories have many different grades and this is just
the tip of the iceberg, so to speak.
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT