Yamaha Quits Schaff

DALE ERWIN erwinpiano@msn.com
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:48:54 -0700

 =20
----- Original Message -----
From: Bill Ballard
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2001 3:25 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: RE: Yamaha Quits Schaff
 =20

At 6:30 AM -0700 10/24/01, DALE ERWIN wrote:
>Try the Tokiwa  pre-cut damper sets from Pacific/Brooks to replace
>the loss of Yamaha parts.

These are very good felts. The flats for the most part don't oink,
but I did run into some difficulty with the plain tri-chord wedges on
a M&H AA whose gaps between strings on a note were a little wider
than the size of these Tokiwa wedges. I'm going to miss the vertical
felts the most (the U1 and U3 sets).

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.
                               BILL-------Have had similar experience and=
 defeated it by just slitting the cut deeper and inserting kite string.
               Dale Erwin