Dead links and SPAM

robert goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 15:58:47 -0500

I was wondering if anyone has had any successful experiences in
dealing with unsubscribing SPAM.  Lately I seem to be getting a
lot of it and there is always the little friendly disclaimer at
the bottom:

"If you would like to be removed from our mailing list please
click on the following link to unsubscribe".

In almost all cases it turns out to be a dead link to nowhere or
when you send the e-mail request it just comes back
"undeliverable".  In other words they include the unsubscribe
link to look good but know darn well it will do nothing- fraud
pure and simple.

Any suggestions?

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV