Voicing M&H BB

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 07:47:59 -0400

"Do the pluck test, check the sustain through  out. Check the bearing, =
crown, etc. If all looks good, put on  your plaid pants and white shoes =
and do your hammer selling war dance."

Cute, cute. I have a great picture in my head of that. Thanks.

Terry Farrell =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Tom Servinsky=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 6:48 AM
  Subject: Re: Voicing M&H BB

  Boy did Dale Erwin hit the nail on the head or what?  Well put.
  I too have had both ends of the spectrums with the late 70's =
M&Bs...both good and bad.  But if things are set up correctly, they can =
sound extremely good...I mean real nice. I too have a green monster =
hammer M&B BB, everything original which is incredible. On the other =
hand, more times than not, it arrows goes the other way. Fluffy hammers, =
poor pinning, loose knuckle leather, the list goes on and on.
  His advise about trying several types of hammers and see what suits =
your fancy and the customer's is good advise. Remember sometimes the =
sound you think is best is contrary to the customer. =20
  The issue with the Yamaha sound being hammered home with many =
listeners today is many customers expect all pianos to have that quality =
or characteristic of sound.
  Do the pluck test, check the sustain through  out. Check the bearing, =
crown, etc. If all looks good, put on  your plaid pants and white shoes =
and do your hammer selling war dance.
  Tom Servinsky,RPT
    ----- Original Message -----=20