second post Re: Voicing M&H BB

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@mediaone.net
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 12:44:43 -0700

> Paul Monachino can tell you everything you ever wanted to know about Mason
&
> Hamlin's history.  They were made in Boston until about 1930, then at some
> point made in Rochester NY while part of Aeolian.  Production started in
the
> Boston area again in 1990, in Haverhill MA (about 30 miles northeast of
> Boston) in what was once a shoe factory.
>
> Z! Reinhardt  RPT

List,
        The old made in Boston M.H. grands had    "Mason and Hamlin Boston"
cast in the plate near the last section of tuning pins  and the Rochester
only had "Mason and Hamlin" it's possible there were some plates shipped
from Boston to Rochester when the change was made as I doubt any plates
would have been thrown out, but This is an easy way to determine origin.
    Tom Driscoll