Was Voicing M&H BB/ Now tuned duplexes

Sun, 28 Oct 2001 15:44:00 +0100

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> >There still remains to be written the definitive treatise on the Front Duplex.
> >Most of what has been published on the subject is either speculative or
> >declarative in nature, without support hard data to back up any assertions
> >made.
>
> And how do you know you haven't already read it and just didn't recognize
> it as the good stuff?

Oh thats simple to answer.... Declaratives and Speculatives are what they are per
grammatical definition... and lack of hard data is ...well exactly that.

> That's the basic problem with comparing other
> peoples' opinions to arrive at truth without actually getting some on you.
> Knowledge is a kit, after all, and we have to make and remake a lot of our
> own pieces to fill gaps and connect parts. Without knowing how conflicting
> information was arrived at, and what assumptions are blended into the
> aggregate, it's hard to reach conclusions by sifting rumors. Consider too,
> that the definitive ANYTHING of today too easily becomes the entrenched
> dogma of tomorrow - like the tuned front duplex did in the first place.
>
> Ron N

Er..... sorry folks if I stepped on any toes. I just wrote basically, that there
were two opposing schools of thoughts and nobody has proven anything yet.... I
thought that was a neutural enough position to take while answering in part a
loaded question to begin with... I guess if you try and take away the chance to
argue about something... well you will get argument about that as well then...grin.

Welcome to Jamaica Have a Nice Day
--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.