Duplex

Carl Meyer cmpiano@home.com
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 09:20:48 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Nossaman" <RNossaman@KSCABLE.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2001 5:18 AM
Subject: Re: Duplex

> I'll have to take exception that the front duplex lengths MUST be detuned
> to be quiet. Simply keeping them short, and the bearing angles somewhere
in
> the 15° range will produce a very clean, quiet front duplex regardless of
> the duplex length proportion to the speaking length.
>

> Ron N

Ron,  How short?  I'm resomethingorothering a  5'9" Emerson
and the front bearing angle  varies from about 17 degrees at note 55 to
about 12 degrees at note 87.  The length is about 1.1 inches at note 55 and
varies to 1.3 inches at note 87.  It wouldn't be too hard to shorten it a
little.

Thanks,  I'll have more questions about the rear duplex shortly.

Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG
Santa Clara, California
cmpiano@home.com