Duplex

Clark caccola@net1plus.com
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 18:08:40 -0200

> Detuned length option = (((lower harmonic length)/(next higher
> harmonic length))^(0.5))*(lower harmonic length)

Well, this gets me longer length, lower pitch than either given length,
with what would seem the right interval mirrored around the lower one.
Since it works I will guess you meant to type

Detuned length option = (((lower harmonic length)/(next higher
harmonic length))^(0.5))*(next _higher_ harmonic length)

which might as well read

Detuned length option = sqrt(lower*higher)

or even

Detuned length option = speaking length * sqrt(1/[n*(n+1)])

which is handy since it's a quadratic.

Yes?

Clark