Chaning Inharmonicity

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 19:44:09 -0500

> I don't believe this has ever been demonstrated conclusively.

I have experienced this, for years.  I have tuned the same concert
grands every week, sometimes for years, and I have measured the FAC
numbers time after time after time.  The "A" changes three to four cents
from one season to the other, and it does effect the way the piano is
tuned.

Try it yourself.  Keep a record of FAC numbers then six months later
take them again.  You will know then..

I am _good_ at taking the measurements so I know it is not me, it is the
piano.

		Newton