PowerTech Client Management Software

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 20:08:29 -0500

Terry,
    We are in the same boat. I too use PTBiz and find that I would like it to do
some things that it does not but I don't have the money to ask the author to
rewrite the program just for little old me. I looked at PowerTech and came to
the conclusion that it just doesn't offer enough to warrant retyping all that
info into another program. They have not file transfer service so I would have
to retype everything. With well over 2,000 customers on file ... not a chance! I
see nothing else out there and Ed wants too much money so what are we to do? I'd
love to write my own in Access or equivalent database but I simply don't have
the time. Have you taken the time to write to Ed and let him know what you'd
like to see in the program? I did that a very long time ago and the response I
got was "What is it worth to you?" Not what I was hoping for. Perhaps if more
folks told him what they'd like to see he would think more positively about
there being a real interest in his efforts and he could incorporate new things
into an upgrade type scheme. Just a thought. What are your thoughts?

Greg

--
Greg Newell
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net