Time & Chaos

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 10:05:01 -0800

Terry,

Another thing on Time & Chaos...you asked about reminders.  When making an
appointment with a customer, i.e. pulling them into the schedule area you
have an option for repeat appointments.  You can then enter any and all
repeat appointments.  I like to use the To Do area for reminders.  A link
to the customer appears a week ahead of time and I call them...with the
repeat in the appointment area I give them a red color so I know they are
not a set appointment just a reminder.  Once the appointment is set I
change the color to blue...The colors are nice for instant recognition when
running through the schedule...you have to check it out.

I don't think this PIM would be as good for a College/University technician
as an individual tech.  Thinking more on the mulitple piano service
records, I can see that that has become less important in my record
keeping...detail service records for mulitple pianos.  Probably because I
can't easily do it in T & C.  It can be done in T & C but needs to be
thought out...The other advantages to T & C easily outway this weakness!

David Ilvedson