temperaments:clear as mud?

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 14:25:56 -0500

Ron, I have said for the longest time that ET has color..as a matter of
fact, there are others on this list who have the same 'gift'/'affliction' as
I in posessing "perfect/pretty good/tonal memory/pitch memory/ pitch" .
Someone who use to frequent these halls was suppose to show me how ET indeed
has color, but that never came about..as a matter of fact it was my thought
that the color of a key came from where the 1st 3rd may lie..ie: C-E in C
major. The slower the 1st 3rd, the 'warmer' the key. He said I was on the
right track with that thought..now I know that most of you would like to
shoot holes into that thought, and you're mostly entitled to. Just remember
when you're shooting holes into that theory that most of you will agree with
me when I say that the key of Ab is warmer than the key of C, and I grew up
in ET-land. So..fire away.

Phil