stability of pitch raises (Ron's question)

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 11:11:18 -0500

>...For the habitual two pass
>tuner using an ETD, there shouldn't be a significant difference in time
>spent between a first pass on an "at pitch" piano, and one that's 15 cents
>off, so there doesn't seem to be much justification for pitch adjustment
>charges from two pass ETD users unless...
>Ron N

Ron, List,

While there appears to be sensibility to your comments, there are just too
many variables from piano to piano to conclude this.

For me doing a preliminary pass on a piano at pitch (should I decide such a
thing is necessary), and doing one that's 15 cents off before a doing a
final pass are two different ball games when using an ETD (electronic
tuning device), and definitely take different time lengths to accomplish
with relative accuracy.

 For the record I am referring to actual hands on experience using both the
Accu-Tuner and the Cyber-Tuner for years.

Your unless, of course, referenced a third pass, which is another matter.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild