stability of pitch raises (Ron's question)

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 10:40:57 -0500

>So then, if I understand correctly, most pianos that you service on a
>regular basis, get one pass?...Terry Farrell

Terry, LIst,

The only regular tunings I do are university tunings that are budgeted
twice a year.  They receive whatever I determine at the time of each visit:
some one pass, some two passes, some one and a half passes.  These charges
are predetermined from year to year regardless of tuning passes done.

Other than that, there is no regularity in the jobs I do the rest of the
time.  It's these jobs that fall under the description I gave in the

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild