tuning exam

Gary McCormick gmcc@pipeline.com
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 12:04:35 -0700

Is it appropriate to ask how the scoring is done on the tuning exam?
I'm trying to practice the temperament test using RCT; pulling up the record
of my own piano, after tuning a temperament, I manually record what I've
done, and compare it to  the tuning record.
On a couple of notes, I may be off 1.10 cents, and the rest anywhere from
.12 to .50 cents.  Is this acceptable?  At the moment I feel like I'm trying
to beat the machine, and I don't know that I can do that.
Thanks for any info
Gary McCormick