Silicone: Newtons nightmare

thepianoarts thepianoarts@home.com
Sat, 01 Sep 2001 18:52:30 -0500

Hey Newton,

    I knew you had heard bad things about silicone, but I did not know it
would travel up hill. I am going to do some research, and ask some chemists
about its properties, and report back to the list. One chemist I talked to
today, doubted that it would leave or travel from where it was put.
     On the other hand, if a spray arasol can of silicone was used to juice
up the centers, it might well have found its way into other parts of the
piano. Evaporation also could contribute to its spreading.

Your pal Dan