Thank's for the advice!

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 11:04:52 -0400

Good luck with your tuning & exams Gary.

> Whatever conceptions I had about the PTG were wrong.

I think sometimes someone may have a personality conflict with a PTG member.
PTG admits for membership anyone who is interested in piano technology as
long as no one is aware of that person having criminal-type ethical or
whatever problems. Therefore, there are all the personality types in the PTG
that are in society. Someone, somewhere is going to rub you or I or anyone
the wrong way. One has to keep in mind that its that person, not PTG that is
rubbing you the wrong way. Most members in PTG I have found to run somewhere
between helpful and unbelievably helpful.

So, keep your eye on the big picture and you will find much benefit from
membership. And GO TO EACH AND EVERY CONFERENCE YOU CAN - ESPECIALLY THE
ANNUAL/NATIONAL/BIG-ONE/MAIN-CHEESE CONFERENCE. These are
absolutely-no-excuse-BE-THERE functions. The information you get there will
make you weak in the knees. Next one is next summer in Chicago. See ya
there????

Terry Farrell