stability of pitch raises (Ron's question)

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sun, 02 Sep 2001 23:21:39 -0500

>I would not say the ETD eliminates the work of a pitch raise.  Rather, it
>helps to calculate the overpull so that when you are done it is within a few
>cents and the fine tuning requires little further change in pitch, though
>not less work to fine tune.  The extra charge is for the extra time involved
>in the pitch raise itself, it is not a punitive charge.

David,
So what's the difference in time between a first pass of two passes at
pitch with an ETD, or a first pass of two passes at a quarter semitone low
with an ETD? That's the essence of the question.

Ron N