OT (verituner / Johns new son)

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 14:07:26 -0400

> they will learn to tune before I send
> them to college! Much better way to earn their spending money, don't you
> think?

I have thought of that. Sure would beat flipping burgers for 20 hours a week
to earn $100. What of it though? I have a very bright 12 year old son. Maybe
someone for the university environment could provide an opinion. If an 18
year old goes off the Big U., and has basic tuning skills - can make that
Acrosonic sing like, er, ah.........well, as good as an Acrosonic can sing -
I should think that he/she could average a few tunings a week. Some local
advertising. Advertising in the school paper. What about it? Do you think a
kid with basic tuning skills can plan on being able to make a couple hundred
a week? Maybe attract 4 or 5 tunings a week? Would it be common to even find
that there might be a place grinding out a few basic tunings a week on
practice room pianos?

I know I am not going to be able to afford it all!

Terry Farrell