FW: grooved capo on Baldwin L

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 12:33:27 -0700

Hello everyone,

Would anyone care to answer this for John?

jeannie

----- Original Message -----
From: "Deitra Tonyan" <d_tonyan@hotmail.com>
To: <ptj@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 2:18 AM
Subject: grooved capo on Baldwin L

 My client has a Baldwin L ('79) with a grooved capo that is producing more
 vibrato than Cecilia Bartoli.
 If I roll the wire over each edge of the groove and then back to center,
the
 false beat all-but disappears.
 However, since much of the treble section has this same problem, I would
 rather reshape the entire capo (as I do when rebuilding).
 The hitch (pardon the pun)is in the Accu-just pins:
 is there an efficient way of de-tensioning, reshaping the capo, and
 resetting downbearing? And how much time should I estimate for this labor?

 Thanks in advance for any help,
 John Tonyan R.P.T.