Verituner

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 04 Sep 2001 13:25:07 -0500

>      Hmm, well,  if aural tuning satisfies an individual's motivational
>needs, there is nothing wrong with doing it that way.  However, in my case,
>even after the best tuning education on the planet and then 16 aural years in
>a very demanding environment, a SAT made me a better tuner after just a very
>short time.

Hi Ed,
Yep, an ETD would almost certainly improve my tunings (contingent on me
being able to learn to run the thing), though I have a lot of loyal
customers who tried and stuck with me after trying a lot of other tuners,
including ETD users. I ain't bad, but I ain't perfect either. It's just a
matter of priorities. We can't be supreme experts at all things related to
our jobs and/or interests. Tuning is just one of the many things I do, and
doesn't hold that high a priority in the grand scheme of my life's
ambitions. There are too many other pretty rocks that need turned over, and
not nearly enough time and energy available for what I feel are the less
interesting things.

>      In my case, I am not psychologically equipped to tune anything but the
>"best possible tuning under the circumstances",(probably a little
>obsessive/compulsive aspect there!).

Too true. My pet obsessions just don't happen to center around tuning.

> And
>for all of those techs who don't think their aural tuning is quite up to
>Virgil's level, you must decide for yourself if the additional quality found
>with a machine is worth the change.

I have. As always, I reserve the right to either keep my decision, or
change it at a future date as my information base and attitudes evolve.

>Cool, Ron.  Life is short.
>Regards,
>Ed Foote RPT

Yep. Eat desert first!